Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh Canada!



It was amazing to go back to my "hometown"Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. I got to visit my old High School, Vincent Massey Collegiate, which was wierd, but fun. It doesn't seem like it's been 18 years since I graduated!!! The BDI holds many, MANY memories for me....oh my!!! Needless to say, the ice cream is really great, but the bridge over the Red River, where you walk to eat the ice cream, is even better!! There truly is nothing like a prairie sunset. This picture was taken at 9:30 at night, the sun goes down late in the North, plus there's nothing blocking the sun! I love and miss those beautiful, endless sunsets. Most of all, I enjoyed every single minute with my Grandma Bennett. She is a beautiful, amazing lady and I learn so much from her. I admire her and respect her more than I can ever explain. She has had a huge impact on my life, and I love her so much. I'm so grateful for the chance I had to go "home" this summer, it renewed my sense of who I am and where I come from, what I need to teach my children, and how I need to be! I am truly blessed to have come from a place like this, and sometimes it takes going back to our roots to feel and know that. It was a great trip, one I will never forget!


2 comments:

Heather said...

It's so fun to see these pictures and see from where you hailed? It's true, there is nothing like getting back to your roots and the good it does for your soul. I love seeing your sweet Grandma. I see a family resemblance. After losing my own Grandma earlier this spring, I think it's so great that you had the chance to spend this time with her. You'll never forget it. Thanks for sharing the experience with your friends.

Denice said...

Wow! It's funny that I don't remember ever seeing pictures of Winnipeg! (I saw pictures of your friends, but not so much "Winnipeg) I didn't know you were going there -- how cool!