Sunday, July 5, 2009

My 16 year old!!!!!!!








Our little (well not so little, he was 8 lb 12 0zs) Joshie was born July 5 1993. He was born on a Monday, which meant the 4th of July was on a Sunday that year. So, in Cedar City Utah (where he was born) they celebrated the 4th on his actual birthday. He was born at 6:38 pm, so about 3 hours after he came into the world, the skies lit up with fireworks right outside my hospital window! A fitting welcome, I thought for my first little one.
Josh has always been a great kid, he loves the beach, loves his family and friends, loves the rain and thunderstorms, (but HATES tornadoes!) and LOVES sports, especially basketball. From a very early age we knew all of those were obvious. He likes the color green, Pringles potato chips, Italian chicken, Symphony chocolate bars and strawberry shortcake. Josh could easily be an ESPN announcer, he knows stats for every team, he knows every player and every rule about pretty much every sport and literally has since the time he understood the english language. He is a very smart kid, gets straight A's and works hard. He has common sense, which I am thankful for, since he'll be driving soon. (watch out world :)
From the very first second I knew Josh was on his way, I as his mom, was thrilled. He has always been a happy, fun, easy going guy, and he has become an amazing young man. I know he'll grow to be a fantastic grown up too, but I'm sure not ready for that yet, I want him to stay at home forever.....he's the best. Happy B-day bud, we love you so much!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Josh. We think you are great too. It's fun to see pictures of you when you were younger. We especially like the "ties".....you look very professional. hahaha. Hope you have a great day!!!

Denice said...

Could it possibly have been 16 years since Josh was born!? I remember catching a ride down to see you and sleeping over on the floor of your house, all just for a glimpse of your first baby!! Wow, time flies! Josh is a really great kid. Congratulations to you and Jon for 16 years of parenthood!

Becky said...

Crazy that Josh is 16!!! I still remember going to his baby shower...feeling very puky prego myself...we are definately too young to be having these big kids!