Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My 1st 10k





Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I ran (and finished!!) my 1st 10k on labor day this year!
I have to say, it was very exhilerating! And also, pretty hard!! But hey, I didn't come in last, I came in 39th, and 9th for my age group!! Not too shabby!!!!!!
My friend, Marcia and I have been working towards it all summer, she is a very experienced runner and really helped me along! I am so glad she was there for me!!!
What an amazing feeling it is to set a goal like this and actually accomplish it! 
I have really tried this year to get and stay in shape with different work outs and activities and running was probably my least favorite, but after getting the hang of it and really commiting myself to it, I have to say that I really enjoy it now. I love getting up early when the sun is just coming out over the mountains and listening to the steady rhythm of my shoes on the pavement and trying to keep my breathing steady and even. It's amazing the way I've been able to clear my head and work out things while I've been running, it's become therapy for me! So, I did it and I am proud of myself!! I hope I can do it again....maybe a half marathon next time!!! :)


3 comments:

Denice said...

Wow! I'm impressed!! I don't think I could run 10 blocks, let alone a 10K. That is a great accomplishment!!

Heather said...

Way to go, Cathi. You reached your goal....good for you!!!!

Bennett family said...

Hey, Cath! I gave you a blog award! Go over to my blog and check it out.