Sunday, February 22, 2009

Italy, or not!


I am a certified travelholic, it's true! I love to travel, but only when I'm actually ON the trip! In 2 weeks we are going to Italy (for the 2nd time!) and I can't wait. However, I always get myself worked into somewhat of a tizzy when it gets right down to it.
Today I am feeling very guilty for even thinking about going anywhere! How can I possibly leave my kids for that long (10 days) going so far away? They need their mom right? Or is it that I really need them???
I do this EVERY single time we do anything and very nearly talk myself right out of it!
Then I start thinking about how great an opportunity it is to be able to do this kind of thing and how important it is for my marriage and to re-evaluate myself as a person, with real interests and feelings and hopes and dreams, that don't totally include being a mom every waking moment!!!
Then I lay awake at night thinking about all the drawers and cupboards and closets I want to clean out before anyone stays in my house and what on earth I'm going to pack (that stresses me out BIG TIME) , and what if we crash en route in the Pacific or even worse, by some crazy Italian driver!!!!!!!And then I talk myself out of it again.
Then I think about how gorgeous and beautiful Tuscany will be. How much fun we'll have with the people we're going with, how I won't have to drive kids around for 10 whole days, how I won't have to cook or do laundry or clean up after anyone and how I will MISS all of those things.
I think I am certifiably, absoloutely CRAZY!
And I can't wait to go.
If I go.
I will.
I will love it! :)

4 comments:

Denice said...

Oh, you silly girl! You are going OF COURSE and you will LOVE IT!! Last spring I went to Boston without my fam (just me and my mom) and I know what you mean . . . I totally stressed out before I went!! (and it was only for a few days!) But it was so worth it. You enjoy Italy for me, since it will be a LONG while before I see the European continent again!! HAVE FUN!!!! (your kids will be FINE!)

Heather said...

Okay....I seriously could have written this.....word for word....it's exactly how I feel too. In fact, as you know, this is the LAST trip I'm going on without the whole family until my children are raised. Shane thinks otherwise, but we'll see....... Yikes!!! I'm so excited, but it is soooooooooo hard to leave my little brood.

Bennett family said...

You'd better go! So you can bring us home something!:)Your kids will be fine. You can always clean out those cupboards later..no one will care! Just have a fabulous time!!

Kim said...

Waiting for pictures!