Saturday, October 31, 2009

Night of the Big Pumpkin

















I love Halloween! I have loved it my whole life, and I think I've passed it along to my family!!!! We have so many special traditions that it's hard to name them all! Lots of them involve food, traditional dinners, drinks, treats etc. Some of them include chicken noodle soup on Halloween night in pumpkin bread bowls with brain jello, pumpkin pancakes with boo hot chocolate, graveyard cake, brew, witches brownies, chili. We have lots of fun sharing them with friends and family. We always go to cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point and Gardiner Village. We play in the leaves and have a picnic. We have 4 traditional songs we sing, 5 Little Pumpkins, BOO BOO BOO, Mr Jack-o-lantern and Have You Seen the Ghost of Tom. We have favorite stories we read, especially BIG PUMPKIN, and Happy Halloween Stinky Face. Of course we have to watch It's the Big Pumpkin Charlie Brown and this year we got to go see Little Shop of Horrors, which was very fun!
This year Jen was in Dracula the Musical, in which she played the mother, and did an EXCELLENT job! Josh had a party with 4 friends and their dates, they had a Dopes Dinner, which is something I did when I was a teenager, SOOO fun! We had 2 family parties with all the cousins and a few fun friend ones as well.
I love this holiday because it's just fun, no strings attached. We can just be silly and crazy and there's very little stress.
WE HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY HALLOWEEN STINKY FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Love your Halloween tree--you are truly the Queen of Halloween :)