Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jaemon's General Conference Birthday Weekend!

Jaemon's birthday always falls on General Conference week. I remember bringing him home to the sounds of MOTAB on the tv, and dosing off through most of it! It's always a nice, relaxing, rejuvenating weekend! Here is the birthday boy with his very much anticipated present, a remote controlled Big Foot...it sleeps on it's head, rolls around the floor and grunts a lot. Wow....it doesn't get any better than that!
He wanted Halloween cupcakes with green, OOZY frosting. So there it is.
Blow it all out buddy!
A great big wish!!!!
This is the general mood while watching conference, balloons and vampire teeth.
Listening intently........
It's been tradition forever to make a fresh apple pie, (as in pick the apples this morning, fresh) and now pumpkin (well, cuz it's October, and Josh's favorite to make and eat) so we must have them for a delicious treat!
Jen with her notebook, taking detailed notes about every single talk. I tried something new this year and had them write down what they learned after each talk in a little notebook I made. They got to pick something out of a grab bag if they could tell me three things about each talk. (thanks to my friend Tara for the idea!) it worked great and they had a great time.......you can tell from the vampire teeth and balloons above!!!We all stayed in our jammies, ate cinnamon rolls and caramel popcorn and listened to our prophet and other leaders. What inspired people. We learned a lot and I hope we can do better day to day because of their counsel and advice.

And to my little Conference Weekend birthday boy...............I hope ALL your wishes come true! I love you little buddy!

0 comments: