Monday, January 26, 2009

On a normal day.........


So there are days that I feel completely worn out and am sick of being mommy. These two days were a little like that, however, now that those days are over I look at these pictures I took and I can see how these are the moments I will remember fondly and wish for when my kids are grown! 

The first picture was on a Sunday night, church, of course was an all day affair, with Jon being gone for most of it, choir and youth meetings etc. The kids were running around crazy, as they usually do on Sundays, we'd already had 2 or 3 spills at dinner and I was really tired and burnt out! I had made cream puffs for dessert, filled with chocolate pudding and when Brennan bit into his, "POOF" it exploded all over his face. So, that was BIG time comic relief and we laughed and laughed!!! 
The second was on a very busy morning, I was trying to get out the door, had a million and three errands to run, had just made my bed and then ran to get something from downstairs and came up to see my two babies and Sophie (the dog) with all my pillows off, M&M's smeared on and vitamin water spilled on them for a "tea party" Playing "boat" in my room.
If this had been my first two kids, I know I would've gotten way upset. But, I hope I've chilled a little and instead I sat down with them, ate a few mushy m&m's, drank some "tea" and took a picture!
These truly are the moments that are the spice of life!
I get tired sometimes, and would love a little peace and quiet on occasion (well ok, every night about 5:30 pm!) but I enjoy this time of life, it is hectic, busy, crazy, CRAZY!!!!!!! And I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!!

3 comments:

Momma Paulson said...

Good job Cathi! You are a great mom and great example of laughing away the stress of life.

The Jacklins said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the "tea-time" because you're right...the invitation may not always be there! Glad you documented!!

Denice said...

Ha ha ha. I have to laugh that your life is normal too!! It's nice to see that other people's kids do this kind of stuff too!! At least you can laugh and enjoy the moment!