Thursday, September 3, 2009

Raspberry Jelly!!



Our neighbors have a HUGE raspberry patch.........
Sooooo, we picked a whole bunch!!!!!! And made raspberry jelly!!!! YUMMM!
First we juiced the berries,
Sooo delicious!
Then we added sugar and pectin....
Stir, stir, stir.....
Ladle into cute little bottles...
Process.....
Set them out to set....

Look how pretty they are!!!!!
I actually really hate raspberries! I love the taste, but can't stand the seeds, so when we first got married, Jon's dad made me raspberry jelly, and I loved it! Well, since he's in Samoa (and has been in various South Pacific Islands for many summers now) we've started doing it on our own! The kids are actually somewhat excited about the process, well, maybe not the big ones so much, but they are all very excited about eating that yummy jelly on toast and pancakes!!!!! Delish :)

3 comments:

DeHart Family said...

Looks soooo good.

Denice said...

John's in Samoa? For how long?
That looks delicious! I love raspberries, and love, love, love anything that has to do with them! If I could figure out where to put it, I would have a huge raspberry patch too! Yummy! (and look what a good mom you are to do it WITH your kids!!)

Heather said...

Yummy. Lots of work, but I'm sure it's worth it. You have to have something rewarding after putting up with the fruit flies, right? Don't worry, I've had them too. Great family effort.