Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Traditions










I love getting my kids Easter clothes. It's a problem, I really scope out stuff and look for the "right" outfit! It's kind of ridiculous, but it's really fun for me. This year I went with grey and I don't know what color it is....greenish, yellowish, goldish....whatever. I made Gracie's dress, it's a little bubble dress and I love it! (I'm not an incredible seamstress, but it was fun)! I also made Jaemon's tie, I think it's so cute. The others I searched high and low for, and finally found them! I was thrilled, they really couldn't care less, but it's a tradition that I love!!!!
Since Easter is during Conference and we will be out of town, they wore them today and I always make them do a big photo shoot, they're used to it now and don't whine as much as they used too, they were great sports!!!!
My oldest two kids are becoming quite accomplished in the kitchen and they made dessert (cream cheese brownies, mmmmm!) and potstickers for dinner. Josh learned how to make them in Japanese class and they were AWESOME! It's becoming a Sunday tradition that they cook at least part of the meal. I LIKE IT.....
Then we did our annual Easter egg dying extravaganza. Do you think 48 eggs is a bit over the top? My whole kitchen smells like eggs, I HATE eggs, but the dying is so fun. The kids had a blast, and they were very very colorful. We tried glitter eggs this year and sports for the boys, of course. Quite the artistic masterpieces.
We love Easter, what a wonderful time of the year, rebirth, renewing, starting fresh and looking forward to a wonderful Spring!!!

4 comments:

The Jacklins said...

Fun pictures and traditions Cathi!! You have some way cool dyed eggs!! Very fun times!! We need to enjoy every minute of them...they go so fast!

lori said...

You have the cutest kids! I look forward to seeing their Easter Attire every year! I hope the weather holds up so we can enjoy our hunts!

Heather said...

They look darling. I love Gracie's dress. And the look on Jaemon's face in that one picture is adorable... it speaks volumes about what a happy little boy he is. You are a great mom!!!

Kim said...

Brennan and Tyler look more like twins than my twins do! So cute! Hope you're have fun in California, I'm sure it's warmer than it is here!