Thursday, March 11, 2010

Piece of Cake??????




I've always thought that cake decorating was so cool, but also a little ridiculous. Why would you ever spend so much time on something...when you're just going to eat it? Plus, I don't really like cake, the actual food, I'll take brownies ANY day. However, I got asked to make a cake for a RS dinner and thought I'd toy around with fondant, which I think is like grown up play doh! WOW! It was WAY fun!!!! I love how it turned out, (well I don't like the writing on the little fondant lollipop, but I didn't have a smaller writing tool, so oh well) Anyway, I'm certainly no expert, not even close, not even in a category. BUT, it was fun to be creative with something different for a few hours! So, now I'm off to ruin it and eat it. But, this time I don't think it's so ridiculous, it was really fun! (Oh and BTW, the cake is triple chocolate fudge, very similar to a brownie, so I'm gonna love it!!!)

6 comments:

Denice said...

That's so funny, because on Saturday I'm going up to our ward to do an "activity" learning to decorate a cake with fondant! I have to admit, I have seen some really great looking cakes with fondant (and have you seen the halloween ghosts with fondant and a big marshmallow? Way cute, and way easy!)

Heather said...

Your cake looked great. Good Job!!! Too bad S and I had to leave early and didn't get to sample them. :)

beckie said...

I want some.... :)

Becky Beck said...

Cathi your cake looks amazing! So cute! I too am a brownie girl over cake any day :) Although I do LOVE that chocolate cake Costco sells with all the layers...Have you tried that? I think you'd like it!

DeHart Family said...

It was so good, and very cute.

The Jacklins said...

Cute Cake Cathi!! Sounds like a fun night...with beautiful and yummy food!