Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaving Zhengzhou

We left Eisley's birth city today. I hope I will be able to remember some of the sights, sounds and smells of her city. It really is a huge place, very very busy, with lots and lots of high rise apartment buildings, stores, industrial type buildings and literally millions of people. It was very very clean for the most part, with nice trees and gardens planted along the roads. The people in general in China are not really polite or happy, they seem hurried and it seems like the attitude is "survival of the fittest", they have no concept of "waiting their turn" or "washing hands " or "using toilet paper" or "staring very very boldly". Even though I find that to be very disturbing, all the people at the hotel, all our guides, all the people I observe with children are very very nice. My favorite part of her city was going to the place she was abandoned, Gaoxin village. it was real, it was very raw, it was so NOT touristy and so "every day life". I hope I never forget the smell of the water, the smell of the haze and smoke, the taste of the dumplings and noodles and pumpkin soup and especially the yummy homemade vegetable and pork purses the orphanage director gave us after we visited her orphanage. I hope I never forget the crazy busy streets with the motorcycles driving in every direction, and the bicycles with their huge boxes and bags and stacks of things piled up on the back of them. I know I will forget some of these things, but I will never forget the most important thing, my daughter was born here, she has heritage and history here, she has a story that began here, and I will be able to tell her about it someday, and let her know she comes from a beautiful place!
We arrived in Guangzhou tonight to begin all the American paperwork to come home. We will be here for 5 days. We are in a gorgeous Marriott hotel with a McDonalds right across the street. I am not normally a McDonald's fan, but I'll tell you what, the Big Mac I had for dinner was delicious! The whole flying things was a little bit of a circus with all the bags, all the babies, all the carts and carriers and paperwork. We are exhausted and ready for bed, I am not really looking forward to the medical exam tomorrow, I have a feeling Eisley won't be too thrilled either, but hopefully we can find some really fun things here, I've heard there's a great squeeky shoe store, that may be dangerous, considering my tendency to over do it when it comes to shoes….oh well, we only get to come to China once right???

Sweet dreams from Guangzhou!!!!!!


0 comments: